EMM Labs - DAC2X V2
Re-introducing the multi-award winning DAC2X V2 – updated using the technology in our reference DA2. The DAC2X V2 features the latest generation MDAT2™ up-converting DSP, MFAST™ jitter removal system, MCLK™ master clock and Ed Meitner’s revised hand built DSD512/8xDSD proprietary discrete dual differential D-to-A converters.
The DAC2X V2 also features a multitude of inputs allowing a host of connectivity options and support for up to 24bit,192kHz and DSD (via DoP) on all PCM inputs including USB.
The DAC2X V2 also supports up to DSD128/2xDSD and DXD (352 and 384kHz) streaming over USB Audio.
Proprietary hardware galvanic isolation for the USB Audio interface.
MFAST™ vs. conventional PLLs
Most converters utilize PLL (Phase Lock Loop) circuits. MFAST™ has two distinct advantages. It’s a high-speed asynchronous system that acquires any data stream almost instantaneously. Moreover, unlike PLLs which merely attenuate jitter, MFAST™ strips jitter out of the audio stream completely. Enabling you to enjoy pristine sonic clarity whether the incoming data stream is pure or anything but.
New Updated MDAT2™: DSD512/8xDSD Upsampling
The Updated Meitner Digital Audio Translator (MDAT2™) upsamples digital audio to DSD512/8xDSD. Eight times that of standard SACD sampling rate.
Proprietary DSD512/8xDSD Discrete Dual Differential D-to-A Converters
We were not willing to accept the inherent non-linearities of every mass-market chip created to date. Neither should you.
- Latest generation MFAST™ technology for instant signal acquisition, jitter-free performance
- Latest generation DSD512/8xDSD Meitner Digital Audio Translator (MDAT2™) signal processing technology
- Latest generation DSD512/8xDSD proprietary discrete dual differential D-to-A converters
- Exclusive aerospace-grade composite laminate circuit boards
- EMM Optilink proprietary interface for connection to matching TSDX CD/SACD Transport
- Precision-machined aluminum chassis
- Precision-machined aluminum infrared remote control
- Polarity inversion performed in the digital domain
- 24bit,192kHz and DSD support on all PCM inputs including USB
- DSD, DSD128/2xDSD and DXD (352 and 384kHz) streaming over USB (DoP specification)
- Galvanically isolated USB audio interface
- USB port for future software upgrades
- Serial port for wired remote control
- New optimized reference power system
– Power factor corrected
– Factory set to 100V or 115V or 230V, 50/60Hz
– Power consumption: max. 25 W
- CE compliant
EMM Optilink (CD/SACD)
Supports up to 24bit, 192kHz and DSD (via DoP) on all PCM inputs: AES/EBU, USB Audio, 2x SPDIF Coax, 2x S/PDIF Toslink
USB Audio also supports streaming DSD, 2xDSD, DXD (352 and 384kHz)
Stereo Analog Outputs:
XLR and RCA
300 ohms balanced (XLR)
150 ohms unbalanced (RCA)
XLR outputs: 4.6V (+15.45dBu)
RCA outputs: 2.3V (+9.45dBu)
W x D x H: 435 x 400 x 92mm