Arcam Diva AVR350
Please call our store to purchase:
7.1 Channel Receiver
The Arcam AV receiver range captured the imagination of a whole new generation of movie and music enthusiasts. For the first time these products successfully bridged the gap between stereo music systems and multi-channel receivers delivering the perfect balance between performance and features. Building on this success, Arcam introduced the AVR350, the company’s highest performing receiver to date.
At its heart the AVR350 is a high performance 7.1 channel home cinema and music receiver. Offering sound quality far beyond that of ordinary mass market products, the AVR350 will thrill even the most discerning listeners. Arcam has long delivered innovative features in its products and has been a front runner in the adoption of the HDMI interface standard. The AVR350 continues these traditions adopting two-way HDMI switching for automatic selection of digital video source.
Audio performance is outstanding with digital or analogue inputs presenting an immersive listening experience from any source. The pre amp stage features ultra high performance OP2134 op amps from Burr Brown in circuits taken from the company’s range topping AVP700 pre-amp/processor. In addition, much use has been made of Arcam’s “Mask of Silence” technologies including the Stealth Mat previously only seen in its high end FMJ components.
Embracing a full complement of decoding standards the AVR350 processes Dolby Digital EX, DTS ES, DTS24/96 and the very latest Dolby Pro Logic IIx algorithms. All video switching is HDTV compatible and analogue video stages include up-conversion from composite or s-video to component or RGB to minimize the number of cable runs to a display.
Featuring ultra-low distortion power-amps, the AVR350 drives seven 8 ohm speakers with a continuous 100wpc. A direct signal path for stereo and 7.1 multi-channel analogue inputs is included, plus preamplifier outputs for use with external power amplifiers. For second rooms, zone 2 outputs feed stereo line level audio and composite video independently from the main room. In addition two-way RS232 and IR control are built in as standard allowing system software updates.
The AVR350 is designed in the UK and was manufactured in black and silver.
- 100 WPC continuous power output into 4 or 8 ohms loads (all 7 channels driven at 1kHz)
- Stereo output power over 120 WPC into 4 or 8 ohms, 20Hz – 20 kHz
- Huge toroidal power transformer and 48,000 microfarads of reservoir capacitors ensure ample power for even the most demanding programme material
- 6th and 7th channels are assignable to the front left and right for bi-amplifying suitable loudspeakers, or to zone 2 (5.1 speaker setups)
- Audiophile quality components for best sound quality, including new OP2134 op-amps, 1% metal film resistors, polypropylene film capacitors, OSCON electrolytic capacitors & double sided, through-plated fibreglass circuit boards
- Pre amp outputs for all 7 channels and subwoofer
- Multi-channel 7.1 analogue input for DVD-A or SACD sources
- Stereo direct mode bypasses and disables all digital processing for 2 channel analogue sources
- 7 stereo analogue inputs (plus tuner); 3 tape outputs (one a tape loop)
- Zone 2 stereo audio, from stereo analogue inputs or internal tuner. Source and volume control independent from main outputs
- Built in FM/AM RDS stereo tuner with 30 FM and 16 AM presets
- State of the art Crystal Semiconductors CS49400 DSP, with 24-bit fixed point double precision Dolby Digital and DTS decoding and 32-bit fixed point double precision bass management.
- 4 layer PCBs
- Wolfson Microelectronics 24-bit 192kHz DACs, stereo ADC and precision electronic volume controls
- Decodes Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic IIx (including full music mode support), DTS 96/24, DTS-ES Discrete and Matrix 6.1, DTS Neo 6
- 6 Arcam-optimised surround effects modes for 2 channel sources
- Adjustable crossover switching from 40 – 130 Hz in 10 Hz steps
- Separate sub woofer level settings for film and stereo listening
- Bass and treble equalisers, both global and for each of 7 main channels
- 6 fully assignable digital inputs, 3 co-axial, 3 optical; 1 coaxial & 1 optical output
- Assignable global audio delay, adjustable from 0 – 220 milliseconds, to compensate for video processing delays in digital displays or DVD players
- 2 way HDMI video/audio switcher (pass through audio only)
- 5 composite and 5 S-video inputs; 3 fully buffered outputs of each type (monitor output and 2 tapes)
- 3 100MHz bandwidth component video inputs and 1 monitor output (these may alternatively be configured to support RGB, with sync on composite video, for use in European TV systems
- On screen display for all menus on all types of interlaced video output
- Video up conversion – composite to S-video and vice versa via the monitor outputs; composite and S-video to interlaced component video
- Video up conversion to RGB with sync on composite (SCART compatible) for European TV displays. 12V triggers support S-video, RGB and widescreen switching for SCART equipped TVs.
- Composite and S-video inputs assignable to “non video” audio inputs such as DVD-A / SAT (for tuner) or CD; high quality (component / RGB) inputs each assignable to any audio input
- Zone 2 composite video output, from composite video inputs
Custom Install features
- Independent Zone 2 (audio + video), with fixed/variable volume & parental access control to sources
- Duplex RS-232 control; also suitable for system software updates
- RC-5 remote input jacks for both zones
- IR pass through for source components
- Full suite of discrete IR RC-5 codes, including separate on / off etc
- 12 Volt triggers, on/off for zones 1 and 2 and either SCART control (video in RGB mode) or on / off and video signal sensing (component video mode)
- Supplied with back-lit CR80 learning remote control with support for up to 7 other components
- Large, clear 12 character dimmable VFD front panel display
- Ground lift switch ; User switchable between 120 and 230 Volt mains supplies
- Size – 430mm wide, 433mm deep, 145mm high
- Weight 16.2 kg nett, 21.4 kg packed
|Tuning range||FM, MW|
|Power output||120 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)|
|Surround output||100W (front), 100W (center), 100W (rear), 100W (sub)|
|Frequency response||20Hz to 20kHz|
|Total harmonic distortion||0.02%|
|Input sensitivity||500mV (line)|
|Signal-to-noise ratio||100dB (line)|
|Speaker load impedance||4Ω (minimum)|
|Digital inputs||coaxial, optical|
|Video Connections||HDMI, component, composite, SVHS|
|Dimensions||433 x 420 x 145mm|
|Accessories||CR100 remote control|