Synergistic Research SRX Phono Interconnect
Spin Your Way To Heaven.
SRX Phono is the last link in the SRX Cable Loom, and it may just be the most powerful. The geometry starts with separate pure silver Air Strings running in parallel with an engineered EM coupling between conductors, as this proved necessary for the electrical requirements of phono cartridges. We then added SRX Carbon Fiber Spacers to break EM coupling strategically, and this helped deliver the same ultra-low noise floor as all other SRX cables. At first, we experimented with a 100% exploded geometry as found in SRX interconnects and speaker cables, but this proved incompatible with many low output cartridges. So we built a closely spaced geometry similar to Galileo, but this proved incapable of significantly exceeding the Galileo SX Phono’s sonic signature. It was not until we combined a coupled and decoupled geometry with SRX Conditioning and a new UEF compound that we had a cable that dramatically improved on our prior reference. These improvements include a lower noise floor, greater separation of images in the sound field, a significant increase in soundstage scale, and improved low-frequency dynamics with tighter bass control. In addition, high frequencies extend more effortlessly and with enhanced musicality making our prior reference sound somewhat compressed in direct comparison. As a result, SRX Phono may be the single highest-performance cable we have ever built. It should be on the radar of any analog lover seeking the absolute highest performance. Available for a no-risk in-home audition from your participating SR dealer or international distributor.
SRX Long Duration High Voltage Conditioning.
After perfecting the most natural-sounding and holographic cables in our history, we set out to take them further with a new high voltage conditioning process that applies a sweeping frequency plot for an extended duration. We experimented with dozens of frequencies in different combinations over a prolonged time period before landing on just the right mix. We even built a new Tesla Coil to handle the excess heat generated during long conditioning sessions. Once finalized, the SRX conditioning process created holographic realism and timbrel accuracy far beyond our previous Tesla Coil conditioning protocol.
SRX Carbon Fiber Tuning Modules
Bespoke Sound For A Perfect Match.
SRX Cables come standard with the most potent and musical UEF Tuning Bullets in our company's 30-year history and work 100% outside the signal path. Both Gold and Silver bullets are handcrafted in our Southern California Factory from carbon fiber and aircraft aluminum with the Gold option plated in 24k Gold not only for aesthetic beauty but also to help voice the bullet to its intended role as the most musical option for specific systems. To use SRX Carbon Fiber Tuning Modules, allow your SRX cables to settle into your system for 48-72 hours, and then experiment with your two options on a cable by cable basis. Start by inserting a Gold Bullet and then compare to the Silver option and select the variant that makes music in your system. Gold Bullets have a warm and liquid balance that is also more open and transparent than our other warm-biased tuning bullets. While Silver is more extended and detailed but the option that will work best and sound neutral is totally system dependent. If you voice your SRX cables one pair at a time, you will find one color that works best in most applications, plus a few that perform better with the alternate option. This process is how you will get the best from both Gold and Silver bullets when arriving at a bespoke cable loom voiced for your unique system.
Isolated 99.9999% pure silver geometries
SRX Phono Interconnect Cable specifications:
$8,995 / 1.25 meter
$1,750 per additional .5 meter
- Each pair of Synergistic Research SRX Phono Interconnect Cables are made from 10 (RCA) or 14 (XLR) separate geometries - 8 each (RCA) 12 each (XLR) 99.9999% Pure Silver mono-filament Air Strings, and 2 each 10awg Silver/Copper Matrix conductors.
- Standard 1 meter lengths. Additional length built to order.
10 each (RCA) and 12 each (XLR) 2nd Gen 99.9999% Pure Silver Mono-filament Air Sting
- Silver Air Strings: 99.9999% pure monocrystal silver conductor
- Dielectric: Air (sealed)
- Shielding: UEF Ground Plane Technology
- Hand crafted in our California factory
2 each 10awg Silver/Copper Matrix:
- Silver Copper Matrix: Monocrystal conductors
- Dielectric: PTFE
- Listened to determine signal direction before build
- UEF Active Shielding 3rd generation,
- Point to Point Wiring
- WBT Silver Solder 4%
5 Day burn in :
- 3 Step process
2 each Gold SR25 UEF Tuning Passive Module (DIN connections 1 each):
- Optional voicing for increased warmth, liquidity
2 each Silver SR25 UEF Tuning Passive Module (DIN connections 1 each):
- Optional voicing for maximum information and refinement.
RCA, XLR and DIN Connectors:
- Synergistic Research Silver SR20 RCA or XLR
- Straight and Right Angle DIN
- Individual EXP Isolated cable geometries for improved vibrational isolation
- 28 (RCA) and 32 (XLR) point-to-point hand soldered connections
- SRX UEF Matrix Shielding: 2 different UEF coatings with Graphene are applied to UEF Cell, connectors and cabling and ground significantly reducing the noise floor and allowing a purer signal to transfer with less grain providing more warmth and detail. The conductors and UEF Cell also benefit from dampening effect that UEF provides
- 4 Termination for SRX tuning Module (Silver and Gold)
- WBT Silver Solder: 4%
- Hand build time: 8 hours
- Quantum Tunneling: After the cable is completely assembled all connections and cabling are treated with 1,000,000 volts of electricity at specific frequencies and pulse modulations, creating a canal in the conductor material and contact points at the molecular level that allows electrons to flow more freely. This allows the maximum amount of low level information through the conductors and provides for the highest amount of realism in your music
- Secondary UEF Blue Treatment originally developed for SR Blue Fuses
- 5-day Burn In: 2 step process
- 100% Hand Crafted in our California factory