Stillpoints Aperture Panels
What can we say that hasn’t been said by Fremer and Breuninger and HiFi+, Stereo Times, etc.? These panels are THE weapon of choice for taming rooms. Here in the shop and at audio shows, you will not see us without these panels in play. These panels do more in 22 sq in than many of the much larger fiberglass panels they have replaced.
The Stillpoints Aperture acoustic panels represent a whole new form of acoustical treatment. The Stillpoints Aperture is actually three products in one: an absorber, a diffuser, and a resonator. Due to its revolutionary design, it is impossible to directly compare the performance parameters of the Stillpoints Aperture to a conventional acoustic panel made of fiberglass. The performance specifications of the Stillpoints Aperture continually adapt to the dynamic changes in amplitude and frequency of the audio/video system generating the wave forms within the acoustical environment.
“The effect of the Apertures in my room was dramatic: almost a sonic black hole. Despite the fact that my room had already been well treated with Synergistic’s HFT and FEQ devices, the Stillpoints made the boundary seem to disappear, greatly enhancing center-image stability, solidity, and focus —areas where I’d thought no improvements were possible. A second pair of Apertures, placed on the floor against the wall to the side of each speaker, removed the sense of there being any sidewalls at all. While RPG’s Skylines had made a modest improvement, the Stillpoints Apertures produced a truly dramatic and positive change in the sound. Your dealer should let you take some home to try out. If your experience with them is like mine, you won’t return them.”
MICHAEL FREMER, Analog Corner, Stereophile: February 2015
In small to medium rooms we recommend starting with 3 panels. One placed on the wall behind the loudspeakers centered between them with the bottom edge at midrange tweeter height. The other two panels are placed at the first reflection points flanking either loudspeaker at the side walls. Again the bottom edge should be about midrange or tweeter height.
The Stillpoints Aperture is the only acoustical product that will give you both absorption and diffusion at the first reflection points of a system. And you want both!
– The Stillpoints Aperture have been found effective from 40 HZ to 40K HZ.
– The Stillpoints Aperture’s unique trapping system captures an area of wave form much broader than its small surface area would suggest.
– The Stillpoints Aperture can be used to trap waveforms either facing the wall or, facing away from the wall.
– The Stillpoints Aperture design allows for artwork or photographs of your choice to be inserted in the frame thus raising the aesthetic appeal for everyone in the home.
– The Stillpoints Aperture effectively increases soundstage width and depth. This is especially true for smaller rooms. (See the Michael Fremer review: Stereophile, Feb 2016.)
– The Stillpoints Aperture will increase the dimensional perspective of the image structure.
– The Stillpoints Aperture Stands are lightweight and fully adjustable.
– The Stillpoints Aperture Stand allows for easy Aperture auditioning on location without need for attachment to the wall surface.
– The Stillpoints Aperture Stands allows for close proximity positioning of the Stillpoints Aperture near a loudspeaker to control energy where a wall is not adjacent to the speaker.
(ie: When speakers are not located symmetrically to the room boundaries.)
– The Stillpoints Aperture Stands allow for up to three Apertures to be hung on each side of the stand if desired.
– The Stillpoints Aperture Stands are very easy to move within a room for tuning vs conventional treatments that must be permanently fixed to a wall or ceiling surface.
The Stillpoints Apertures will not:
1. Decrease or limit the dynamics of the system.
2. Diminish the power of the bass attack.
3. Unevenly control one frequency over another. (This is often the case with traditional room treatments)
DIMENSIONS:22″ high x 22″ wide x 3 1/8″ deep
WEIGHT (depending on woods):14lbs to 16lbs each