Van Den Hul 3T The Valley Hybrid Stereo Audio Cable Pair
$309.00 – $520.50
Stereo pair 3T The Valley Hybrid
Priced per stereo pair
The VALLEY is our entry level balanced 3T technology interconnect. It already shows much of the extremely high quality of our new amorphous conductor material. Depth of stage, dynamics and transparency are three keywords. The cable is built around two 21 strand conductors with a double braided shield.
3T – a revolution in the audio(cable) industry.
All galvanic conductors that are being used in the audio industry today, are made from soft metals. The advantage is that there are a lot of free electrons available. This is beneficial for the conductivity of the cable. A large amount of free electrons automatically means a low conductor resistance. Traditionally the so called “experts” love to see this. The disadvantage of this choice is that the conductors can be reshaped rather easily; they don’t posses a stable internal structure. These metals are also very sensible for thermical, chemical and mechanical ageing. For this reason, the sound will change dramatically over a relative short period of time. Result is you’ll have to buy a new pair, the history repeats itself, etc. etc.. Not really a plan to get ahead of the game.
To have a longer lasting reply on the above problem, we were the first company that started producing a completely metal-free conductor series applying our Linear Structured Carbon® (The FIRST®, SECOND® and THIRD®). Another ten years of research, starting with our Fusion Technology, has finally resulted in a new revolution in the conductor world: 3T (True Transmission Technology). The idea behind the 3T concept is that you use as much electrons as possible to bind the metal atoms together. The disadvantage of a slightly higher impedance is more than compensated with the rigid structure of the conducting material. The only way to do this was to, again, disregard the general views and to go in a completely new direction.
The base (and eventually the outcome) of this research are:
- 1. No mechanical or chemical ageing anymore
- 2. No metal layers in the conductor to prevent any kind of chemical activity between them
- 3. Big mechanical flexibility combined with an extremely small bending radius
- 4. Big mechanical pull-strength,. At least 150 Kg/mm2
- 5. An amorphous structure to have no crystalline boundaries in the conductive material
- 6. Completely stable at higher temperatures ( up to 250 degrees Celsius)
- 7. A really stable structure turned out to be only possible in a mix of various metals in an exact ratio. In the end it turned out five metals and one non-metal were needed
- 8. Extremely long lifespan without any change in sound characteristics
- 9. A very short burn-in time. After approximately two hours you can expect good results. After only 48 hours the cables have reach their optimum
- 10. A very high resolution during replay
- 11. Because of this high resolution great audible acoustics
- 12. No dynamic limitation what so ever
- 13. Especially the spectre between 40 Hz – 200 Hz and 2 KHz. – 15 KHz. Needs to remain perceptable. A lot of conductors experience serious problems in these areas
- 14. Last but not least: applicable in industrial situations.
This whole list of properties is packed together in our unique 3T conductors. All knowledge on how to build a cable is applied to make a series of four balanced interconnects (The VALLEY, The ROCK, The HILL and The MOUNTAIN. Early 2011 we expect to bring another series of four coaxial interconnects. The 3T speaker cables will have to come later as there are still some matters to be solved, amongst others the higher impedance is a problem here. Combined with our new jacket printing technique, distinguishing this product from any copy-cat versions makes that we have again done the unthinkable and made what is probably one of the very best interconnects available in the world today.
- Van Den Hul The Valley Stereo Audio Cable
- Length: 0.8 metre
- Cable Type: Double screened twin core (Balanced)
- Conductor Material cores: 3T + 2 layer screen of silver plated copper
- Design Purpose / Application Area(s): Balanced and unbalanced audio interconnect
- Eff. Conductor Ø/Eq. AWG No./Strands: Cores: 0.9 mm² / Cores: ~AWG 19 / Strands: 21 x 0,15mm
- External Diameter / -Dimensions: 7,3mm
- Connector Types Suitable: Our Rhodium RCA type C – 7.3 or Neutrik XLR
- Jacket Colours Available: Light yellow