EMM Labs - DV2
The DV2 builds on EMM Labs’ ground breaking technology used in our flagship, multi-award winning DA2 converter by integrating EMM’s high resolution volume control system (VControl™) into our discrete, single bit converter.
VControl™ maintains the input signal without re-quantization allowing for complete transparency at any volume setting, wide attenuation range, and no loss of audio resolution.
16xDSD MDAC2™ and MDAT2™ DSP
MDAC2™ is the worlds first fully discrete single-bit D-to-A converter with an internal conversion rate of 1024fs (16xDSD) and is completely free of inherent non-linearity that plagues every mass market chip created to date.
Our MDAT2™ DSP has been refined and updated to synergistically work with the MDAC2™. The MDAT2™ DSP performs real-time transient detection in addition to processing and up-conversion of all incoming audio before being sent to the MDAC2™ for conversion.
USB Isolation, MFAST™ and MCLK2™
The USB interface includes EMM’s proprietary hardware galvanic isolation. In combination with MFAST™, our high-speed asynchronous jitter removal technology and and MCLK2™ our custom built clock, jitter is completely removed from the conversion process.
The DV2 features a multitude of inputs and support for PCM up to 24bit/192kHz, DSD, 2xDSD, DXD, and for the first time in any EMM Labs product, MQA® via USB.
With its redesigned analog and digital systems, integrated high resolution volume control, discrete componentry, and user-friendly operation, the DV2 can be connected directly to the amplification stage in any high fidelity system with ease. Designed and manufactured in Canada for the digital audio enthusiast.
- Proprietary & discrete dual differential D-to-A converters (MDAC2™)
- New high resolution volume control system with High/Low output gain control (VControl™)
- Latest generation Meitner Digital Audio Translator signal processing technology (MDAT2™)
- Enhanced technology for instant signal acquisition and jitter-free performance (MFAST™)
- Proprietary asynchronous clocking system (MCLK2™)
- USB interface with custom hardware galvanic isolation
- Up to 24bit/192kHz & DSD support over all inputs
- 2xDSD, DXD (352/384kHz) & MQA® support over USB
- User controlled signal polarity
- Custom aerospace-grade ceramic circuit boards
- EMM Optilink for connection to an EMM transport
- Precision-machined aluminum chassis & remote control
- Service USB port for future software upgrades
- RS-232 serial port for wired remote control
Proprietary high-isolation resonant mode power supply for silent & eco-friendly operation
Factory set to 100V or 115V or 230V, 50/60Hz
Maximum 30W consumption
EMM Optilink (CD/SACD)
AES/EBU, 2x S/PDIF Coax, 2x S/PDIF, TOS & USB up to 24bit/192kHz and DSD
USB also supports 2xDSD, DXD (352/384kHz) & MQA®
Stereo Analog Outputs:
XLR and RCA
300 ohms balanced (XLR)
150 ohms unbalanced (RCA)
Output Levels (High/Low):
XLR outputs: 7.0/5.0V (+19.1/16.2dBu)
RCA outputs: 3.5/2.5V (+13.1/10.2dBu)
W x D x H: 438 x 400 x 161mm