KEF R300 Speakers - DEMO (Black)
Please call us for Concierge Service to purchase KEF products - many ship today!
KEF's R300 redefines standmount performance. That's no surprise, as it shares the same drivers as the range-topping R11. A true three-way speaker, the 165mm (6 in.) bass driver pushes bass performance to new extremes. The 125mm (5 in.) midrange driver and 25mm (1 in.) aluminium dome tweeter create a Uni-Q array that defies the expectations from the most compact main speaker in the range.
Here is a great opportunity for someone to step into High End Audio at a very palatable price-point!
A room-filling "sweet spot," thanks to Uni-Q® technology
KEF's patented Uni-Q technology places each speaker's 1" tweeter in the acoustic center of a 5" midrange driver. This concentric array allows sounds to originate from a single point source, making the "sweet spot" (the ideal listening position) much larger.
A high-tech woofer for punchy bass
Each speaker also contains a 6-1/2" aluminum woofer with a cool-looking flat design and silver trim ring that caught my eye. Massive magnet structures and large aluminum voice coils help these woofers kick out tight, musical bass.
Good stands are highly recommended
Just as with any bookshelf speakers, you'll do yourself a favor if you place the R300s on a nice, solid set of speaker stands, which help minimize vibrations that can color the sound. And because these particular speakers are rear-ported, they'll sound better if you can place them with a little extra space between them and the wall behind them.
- 3-way design
- 1" vented aluminum dome tweeter with waveguide
- 5" magnesium/aluminum midrange driver
- the tweeter and midrange use KEF's Uni-Q technology, which places the tweeter in the center of the midrange driver
- this specialized positioning creates a large listening "sweet spot" in your room
- 6-1/2" aluminum woofer
- frequency response: 50-28,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 25-120 watts
- bass-reflex cabinet with CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) rear-firing ports for accurate, musical bass
- nickel-plated binding posts accept pins, banana connectors, or bare wire
- two sets of input terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- high-gloss piano black finish
- detachable magnetic cloth grilles
- 8-5/16"W x 15-1/4"H x 13-5/8"D
- weight: 26.4 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # R300GB