KEF R500 Speakers - DEMO (Black)
Please call us for Concierge Service to purchase KEF products - many ship today!
KEF's R500 redefines standmount performance. That's no surprise, as it shares the same drivers as the range-topping R11. A true three-way speaker, the 165mm (6 in.) bass driver pushes bass performance to new extremes. The 125mm (5 in.) midrange driver and 25mm (1 in.) aluminium dome tweeter create a Uni-Q array that defies the expectations from the most compact main speaker in the range.
Here is a great opportunity for someone to step into High End Audio at a very palatable price-point!
Lovely, lively, and refined
KEF's R Series speakers deliver the kind of effortless detail and dynamics that have made the British speaker company famous in audio circles worldwide. The R500 features a three-way design with two 5-1/4" woofers providing authoritative bass down to 46 Hz. Each elegant cabinet is finished in beautiful gloss black and includes stabilizing outrigger feet with carpet spikes and protective discs for hardwood or tile floors.
A room-filling "sweet spot," thanks to Uni-Q® technology
KEF's patented Uni-Q technology places the speaker's 1" tweeter in the acoustic center of a 5" midrange driver. This concentric array allows sounds to originate from a single point source, making the "sweet spot" (the ideal listening position) much larger.
High-tech woofers for punchy bass
The two 5-1/4" aluminum woofers are designed flatter than most woofer cones. That makes them stand out visually, but more importantly, they produce accurate and dynamic bass. Massive magnet structures and large aluminum voice coils help these woofers remain tight and musical at all volume levels.
- 3-way design
- 1" vented aluminum dome tweeter with waveguide
- 5" magnesium/aluminum midrange driver
- the tweeter and midrange use KEF's Uni-Q technology, which places the tweeter in the center of the midrange driver
- this specialized positioning creates a large listening "sweet spot" in your room
- dual 5-1/4" aluminum woofers
- frequency response: 46-28,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 25-150 watts
- bass-reflex cabinet with CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) rear-firing ports for accurate, musical bass
- nickel-plated binding posts accept pins, banana connectors, or bare wire
- two sets of input terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- high-gloss piano black finish
- detachable magnetic cloth grille
- included "outrigger" plinth and carpet spikes provide added stability
- 11-13/16"W x 42"H x 12-15/16"D (with plinth)
- weight: 48 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # R500GB
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 4 Outrigger feet
- 4 Spikes
- 4 Protective discs
- 4 Screws
- 4 Collars
- 4 Washers
- 4 Rubber caps
- 2 Foam port plugs