Synergistic Research Ground Block
Small, yet powerful ground control.
What if you could significantly upgrade your audio system without changing any of your components? Simply connect your system to the SR Ground Block and you will hear things you've never heard before. Even the most sophisticated electronics are transformed with a dramatic reduction in noise. Music ushers forth from a jet black sonic background, with never before noticed detail. And modest components take on new refinement to perform far above their class with virtually every area of system performance being enhanced in dramatic and surprising ways. Available for in-home audition, experiment and confirm for yourself that the SR Ground Block is an unprecedented breakthrough that will forever change how you experience music at home
The term “ground” refers to a connection to the Earth, which acts as a reservoir of charge. The high-speed, SR Grounding Block provides a conductive path for this ground, separate from the normal current-carrying path of your components, which under certain conditions can add up to 10 dB of noise if poorly designed! The ground path with the least resistance is the best path to Earth, and there is no better ground path for your components than the SR Grounding Block.
18 ports to perfection.
By cleaning up your system’s ground connection you hear a noticeable improvement in soundstage height, depth and width thanks to a lower noise floor. Soundstage scale is improved with richer tonal density especially at the edges of your sound field. Image outlines are brought into clearer focus while musicality and overall system refinement are greatly improved.
When using Atmosphere Interconnects and Speaker Cables Levels 2–4, the Grounding Block applies our UEF technology to the directly to the ground path's shields lowering the noise floor and ramping up overall performance.
Synergistic Research Galileo UEF and Atmosphere Cables
Synergistic Research Tranquility Bases
Synergistic Research Atmospheres
Turntables – Standard or Small Spade Connect to Ground Post on Turntable
Phono-stage - Standard or Small Spade Connect to Ground Post
Digital to Analog Converters (DACs) – Connect to spare Digital Input, Output or Chassis Ground
Reel to Reel Tape - Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground
Pre-Amplifiers – Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground
Power Amplifiers – Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground. Note: Many power amplifiers will sound best without the ground engaged. Try your power amp and speaker cables with and without the ground attached and choose what sounds best for your system.
USB Devices – Connect to spare USB Input, Output or Chassis Ground
Audio Computers - 3.5mm Headphone Jack
Any Component with an active circuit inside – Connect to spare Input, Output or Chassis Ground
Grounding Block Specifications:
- 1 each (10 ft) standard wall ground wire to connect SR Ground Block to the wall
- 4 each (4 ft) standard ground wires: Enough to connect up to 2 pairs of SR Atmosphere or Galileo UEF Series Interconnects or Speaker Cables
- 2 each (8 ft) standard ground wires: Enough to connect 1 pair of SR Atmosphere or Galileo UEF Series Interconnects or Speaker Cables
Available connections for other SR products with SR Ground Plane Technology:
- Synergistic Research Atmosphere: Acoustic Wave Generator
- Synergistic Research FEQ: Frequency Equalizer
- Synergistic Research Tranquility Base Products
Optional High-Def connectivity ground cables are available for the following applications:
- Turntables: Connect to Ground Plug on Turntable
- Digital to Analog Converters (DACs): Connect to spare Digital Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Pre-Amplifiers: Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Power Amplifiers: Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground.
- USB Devices: Connect to spare USB Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Any Component with an active circuit inside: Connect to spare Input, Output or Chassis Ground