van den hul - Grail SB - Store Demo
Demo Grail SB used for demonstration purposes.
With this product you will be the owner of one of the most innovative and advanced phonograph preamplifier’s available at the moment.
“The Grail SB” is a really dulcet phonograph preamplifier, specifically designed bearing ultimate performance and reliability in mind.
- a specific designed Phonograph preamplifier section, unique in the world
- Phonograph RIAA – equalization with coils only, no sound impairing capacitors in filters
- special printed circuit board material with gold conducting paths
- the printed circuit board has a special seating to evade microphonics
- special equipment foot made of selected wood avoids mechanical energy storage
- low noise moving coil input stage, no annoying noise even with low-output cartridges
- automatic adapting input stage for moving coil cartridges, no matching resistors needed
- possibility to compensate phonograph cartridge sensivity (level adjustment)
- cut out of coupling capacitors in the signal path as far as possible
- strictly separated amplifier sections and circuit layout deliver a very natural soundstage
- three phonograph inputs
- two for MC cartridges
- one for MM or MC high-output
- a shielded transformer is placed in an external housing to avoid hum and EMI noise
- power supply with Gyrators for each amplifier stage deliver very high noise cancellation
- the external transformer is available for different mains voltages
Mains Power: 115 or 230Volt, 50/60Hz
Power consumption: 7 Watts
Temperature operating range: from 15 up to 30deg. Celsius Use only in dry rooms
Max. undistorted output voltage: 25Vss
Output impedance: 330 Ohms (real resistive)
Input sensivity values: for 250mV resp. 0,707Vss output level on amplifier output
Amplification factor 33dB: 5,6 mV
Amplification factor 41dB: 2,2 mV
Amplification factor 50dB: 0,8 mV
Input impedance: 47KOhm / 50pF
Amplification factor 56dB: 0,4 mV
Amplification factor 64dB: 0,15 mV
Amplification factor 73dB: 0,05 mV
Input impedance: autom. matching from appr. 20 up to 1,500 Ohms
Designed to provide high-end audio, “The Grail SB” will deliver you outstanding sound quality with nearly every available modern phonograph cartridge.
Chassis available in White or Black.