Audio-Technica AT-ART9XA Non-Magnetic Coil Cartridge
An update of the AT-ART7, the AT-ART9XA non-magnetic core MC cartridge features a Shibata stylus on a 0.28 mm diameter solid boron cantilever.
The “ART” in the model number stands for Audio-Technica Reference Transducer, a designation given only to Audio-Technica flagship phono cartridges. Compared with the magnetic core used in most MC cartridges, non-magnetic core cartridges are free from magnetic distortion, allowing for natural timbre and a precise sound field.
The AT-ART9XA has been designated an Audio-Technica Excellence Product, a recognition that identifies products that meet their highest standards of high-fidelity performance.
- Non-magnetic core moving coil cartridge offers superior spatial representation
- Dual moving coils are aligned in an inverted V shape, providing high separation and wide response for clear sound localization and minimal distortion
- Shibata stylus ensures accurate high and mid-low range reproduction, and the 0.28 mm diameter solid boron cantilever provides excellent response characteristics
- Neodymium magnet and permendur yoke significantly increase magnetic energy
- Redesigned coil armature provides an output voltage of 0.2 mV (1 kHz, 5 cm/sec)
- PCOCC coils ensure high-fidelity transmission
- Machined aluminum base supports both the magnetic circuit and the vibration system, ensuring excellent playback stability
- Hybrid body of machined aluminum and high-rigidity plastic reduces undesirable parasitic resonance
- Threaded cartridge mounting holes allow easy installation to a headshell or integrated tonearm
Please Note: AT-ART9XA’s stylus assembly is not field-replaceable, but Audio-Technica offers a fee-based Moving Coil Exchange Program to properly service your moving coil cartridge.
|Frequency Response||20-50,000 Hz|
|Channel Separation||30 (dB at 1 kHz)|
|Vertical Tracking Angle||20°|
|Vertical Tracking Force||1.6-2.0 g (1.8 g standard)|
|Recommended Load Impedance||Min. 100 ohms (when head amplifier connected)|
|Coil Impedance||12 ohms (1 kHz)|
|DC Resistance||12 ohms|
|Coil Inductance||2.5 µH (1 kHz)|
|Output Voltage||0.2 mV (1 kHz, 5 cm/sec.)|
|Output Channel Balance||0.5 dB (1 kHz)|
|Cantilever||0.28 mm diameter solid boron|
|Static Compliance||20 x 10-6 cm/dyne|
|Dynamic Compliance||10 x 10-6 cm/dyne (100 Hz)|
|Cartridge Weight||8.5 g (0.30 oz)|
|Dimensions||17.3 mm (0.68") H × 16.8 mm (0.66") W × 25.0 mm (0.98") D|
|Accessories Included||Non-magnetic screwdriver; 2 washers; cartridge installation screws (M2.6) (5.0 mm × 2, 8.0 mm × 2, 10.0 mm x 2, 12.0 mm x 2); protector; brush|
|Threaded Hole||M2.6 x 2|
|Notes||Note: moving coil cartridges require receivers or preamps with compatible inputs; their stylus assemblies are not field-replaceable.|