Audio-Technica ATH-AP2000Ti Over-Ear Headphones
The ATH-AP2000Ti over-ear headphones feature proprietary large-aperture 53 mm drivers, a permendur magnetic circuit, and diaphragms with a diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating, enabling them to deliver exquisite, full-range audio, including the capacity to reproduce Hi-Res Audio. The headphones also utilize Core Mount Technology that optimally positions the driver unit within the housing to improve airflow efficiency. The efficient airflow helps the headphones reproduce highly transparent mid and high frequencies and rich, precise bass sound.
The rigid, pure-titanium housings reduce unwanted resonance and incorporate Audio-Technica’s Double Air Damping System (D.A.D.S) for deep bass reproduction. Each housing is equipped with an A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) jack to accommodate the three detachable cables included with the headphones: 1.2 m (3.9') and 3.0 m (9.8') cables with a 3.5 mm 3-pole stereo mini-plug, and a 1.2 m (3.9') cable with a 4.4 mm a 5-pole balanced mini-plug.
The ATH-AP2000Ti headphones have soft, durable leather earpads for superior comfort, and they fold flat for easy transport inside the included carrying case. Each pair of these exclusive headphones is individually identified by a laser-etched serial number.
About High-Resolution Audio
In Brief: The Move to Hi-Res Audio
While many listeners may believe that high-resolution audio came along with the introduction of the Compact Disc in 1982, constraints on the disc’s storage space always prevented CD audio (standardized at 44.1 kHz/16-bit) from fully and completely reproducing the original recorded sound. The advent and subsequent popularity of MP3s only made this problem more pronounced – the necessary compression of these files causes audio information to be lost, thus greatly reducing the audio quality. But with lossless audio file formats, faster Internet speeds, and storage space increasingly easy to come by (and in ever-smaller packages), the push is on to create audio equipment capable of capturing and reproducing true Hi-Res Audio, generally considered to be 96 kHz/24-bit or better. The Hi-Res Audio logo certifies that a product meets the Hi-Res Audio standards. Per these standards, headphones must have transducer frequency performance to at least 40 kHz. As a producer of these types of audiophile headphones since 1972, Audio-Technica is well-positioned to provide audio solutions that meet the demands of Hi-Res Audio media formats, allowing for the full reproduction of their extended sonic characteristics.
- Large-aperture 53 mm drivers with a permendur magnetic circuit are capable of Hi-Res Audio reproduction
- Core Mount Technology places driver unit in optimal position for improved airflow and excellent full-range audio reproduction
- Audio-Technica’s Double Air Damping System (D.A.D.S.) for deep, natural-sounding bass reproduction
- Diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating on diaphragms helps to deliver exceptional full-range audio
- Rigid, pure-titanium housings reduce unwanted resonance
- Three detachable cables with A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors at the headphones: 1.2 m and 3.0 m cables with 3.5 mm 3-pole stereo mini-plug; 1.2 m cable with 4.4 mm 5-pole balanced mini-plug
- Headphones fold flat for easy transport in the included carrying case
- Soft, durable leather earpads for superior comfort
- Includes 6.3 mm (¼") stereo adapter and cleaning cloth
- Each pair of headphones is individually identified by a laser-etched serial number
|Driver Diameter||53 mm|
|Frequency Response||5-50,000 Hz|
|Weight||300 g (10.6 oz)|
|Cable||Detachable 1.2 m (3.9') cable (4.4 mm 5-pole balanced mini-plug to A2DC); detachable 1.2 m (3.9') cable (3.5 mm 3-pole stereo mini-plug to A2DC); detachable 3.0 m (3.9') cable (3.5 mm 3-pole stereo mini-plug to A2DC)|
|Accessories Included||6.3 mm (¼") stereo adapter, carrying case, and cleaning cloth|