Parasound JC-3+ Reference Phono Preamplifier
Sale Sold out
Regular price $2,995.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
- Designed by John Curl - creator of the legendary Vendetta Research phono preamp
- Inputs and outputs use Vampire brand 24k gold-plated RCA jacks
- Balanced outputs use Neutrik brand premium XLR jacks
- MM 47k ohm, MC 47k ohm or MC variable 50-550 Ohms
- RIAA accurate within 0.2 dB
- Exclusively Vishay-Dale resistors in the audio path
- Triple shielding; low-carbon mild steel partitions isolate the power supplies & AC wires
- Dual mono design; each audio channel is separately enclosed in its own extruded aluminum enclosure
- Separate high speed-soft recovery rectifiers, filter caps and voltage regulators for each channel
- Mono switch can improve sound of mono and older LPs
- Built-in AC line conditioner to prevent AC noise from polluting the circuits
- AC polarity reverse switch can reduce hum in many systems
- Non-magnetic aluminum rear panel for purest sound
- Turn On Options switch: manual or auto with 12v trigger input
- Premium detachable heavy gauge IEC AC cord
- 2u Chassis, rack mountable with HRA2 (sold separately)
How the JC 3+ improves on the original JC 3:
- Variable MC load adjust independent for each channel from 50-550 ohms with dual gang potentiometers specially made for Parasound by Vishay.
- Curl-Thompson tweaked circuits to further reduce the JC 3 silent background noise.
- 24k gold plated copper traces on phono module boards for utmost conductivity and most transparency/detail in the music.
- 47% larger low ESD power supply filter caps greater reserve for head-snapping dynamics.
- Ability to turn off illumination of the front panel P logo.
- Now Available in Silver or Black.