Pro-ject Signature 10
This product may take 3 to 5 business days to fulfill.
The Signature 10 is a high-end audiophile masterpiece implementing both mass-loaded and magnetically-suspended designs. It includes a ultra-rigid, high-precision 10″ curved tonearm with replaceable headshell.
The Pro-Ject Signature 10 is a no-compromise, high-end turntable implementing both mass-loaded and magnetically-suspended principles. The 3 isolation feet use opposing magnets to suspend the steel-pellet-filled plinth over the surface on which it rests. TPE ‘pillows’ decouple the machined aluminum sub-chassis from the plinth and further isolate the high-mass record platter. Precision-machined and TPE-damped, the platter is virtually resonance-free and runs ultra-silently on an inverted ceramic ball-bearing that’s also magnetically suspended.
The 10” single-pivot tonearm is a genuine Pro-Ject design. It’s widely adjustable and includes an array of counterweights so that virtually any cartridge can be mounted. All told, Signature 10 is an audiophile marvel that represents Pro-Ject’s championship in precision engineering as well as their deep appreciation for analog reproduction.
Inside the Plinth
RPM 9 & 10 Carbon, Xtension 9, 10 & 12 Evolution, and Signature 10 & 12 use plinths that are more than meets the eye. These high-end turntables not only use multi-density fiber (MDF, which absorbs resonance), but inside the plinths are also “central gravity points” filled will steel pellets. Drawing harmful resonance to the central gravity point all but eliminates the potential for plinth and bearing noise to reach the tonearm and cartridge. Pellets are used as opposed to a solid alloy due to their dispersion effect where a solid alloy may resonate. This design heightens the overall mass of these turntables as well, a well-known approach to optimizing sonics.
- Mass-loaded belt-driven sub-chassis design
- Magnetically decoupled main platter
- Resonance-optimized, TPE-damped alloy platter
- Inverted main bearing with ceramic ball
- Sophisticated drive system for heightened speed stability
- Signature 10 single-pivot tonearm
- Magnetically decoupled plinth
- Speed: 33, 45rpm (electronic speed change)
- Motor control system: Precision generator
- Platter: 10,4kg, TPE damped
- Platter puck: 405g
- Main bearing: Ceramic (ball/plate), magnetically decoupled
- Tonearm: 10” single-pivot, aluminum
- Effective arm length: 254,8mm
- Overhang: 16mm
- Effective arm mass: 15,5g
- Tonearm cable included: DIN-RCA
- Power supply: 16V DC/1600mA included
- Standby power consumption: < 1W