Pro-Ject Xtension 9 Evolution
High-end turntable with 9" evo tonearm
Superlative vinyl performance from a compact luxurious turntable/arm configuration!
Xtension 9 Evolution incorporates all our turntable design experience from more than 20 years in a slim-line size to fit standard audio racks. Xtension 9 chassis is made from MDF filled with metal granulate, that gives high mass and is non-resonant. Magnetic feet, which decouple the main plinth from its base, are combined with a weighty 16 kg total turntable mass. With these two magnets located in the feet, the turntable is practically floating. The result is a unique combination of ‘mass loaded’ and ‘floating turntable’ design principles. Instead of pure metal for the main platter, we’ve found a perfect alloy which we damped on with thermo plastic elastomers (TPE). Additionally we’ve placed recycled Vinyl records on top (which act as a perfect mat) and bake this ‘sandwich’ before precision balancing it. The final product subsequently benefits from a wonderfully resonance-free, heavy platter, that runs ultra-silently on an inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic suspension. The Xtension 9 Evolution includes a top-class high-end tonearm 9” Evolution.
The turntable comes either with or without a pre-adjusted cartridge in the Xtension 9 Evolution SuperPack. It comes standard with the premium tonearm cable 5pin > RCA cable. For an optimal connection to the Phono Box RS or RS2, the symmetrical premium tonearm cable 5pin > XLR is available separately. Phono Box RS and RS2 offer balanced phono inputs, what guarantees superior results in high-end vinyl reproduction with a balanced signal source.
NOTE: The signal source and the receiving device have to be equipped with balanced connections. Transmission of audio signals in a balanced mode reduce the influence of interference due to external stray electric fields significantly.
In the box:
- Xtension 9 Evolution optionally as SuperPack with pre-adjusted Pick it DS2 MC cartridge (*cartridge in SuperPack can vary)
- Connect it 5P-E RCA Cable (Upgrade option: 5P-XLR)
- Dust cover
- Adapter for 7“ singles
- Record puck
- Counterweights for 5-14g cartridges
- Power supply, allen key, spirit level, gloves
- Heavy 16 kg belt drive turntable
- Mass loaded magnetic floating subchassis
- Precision balanced sandwich-platter
- Inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic support
- Heavy weight record puck included
- MDF chassis filled with metal granulate with low levels of resonance and high mass
- Electronic speed control 33/45 rpm
- Tonearm 9cc Evolution made from carbon fibre
- Inverted tonearm bearings (ABEC 7 quality)
- Dust cover included