Synergistic Research Atmosphere SX REL Spec Subwoofer Cable
Rel Spec Subwoofer.
Atmosphere X REL Spec cables are a surprise breakthrough, much like SR power cords with a fantastic ability to improve nearly all aspects of system performance. Listening notes taken during the development process listed deeper and tighter bass, so much so we were forced to turn down both of subwoofers in our reference system. Other improvements noted was a significant increase in soundstaging and most shocking, increased air and transparency in the high frequencies as well as a more fleshed out mid-range. To make this possible, current SR Technologies were applied, including a new two-stage high voltage treatment process first developed for our World’s Reference Galileo SX cables and our latest Tricon Silver Matrix geometry with Teflon dialectrics. In short, these new REL Spec cables should be at the top of the list to audition for anyone with REL Subwoofers wanting to get maximum performance not only in the lower registers but a complete upgrade to the sound of your system.
UEF Matrix Shield with Graphene
The previous Atmosphere X Series Cables started as an experiment to explore ways of improving UEF Shielding by placing UEF Tech at strategic grid points on the shields of Atmosphere cables, now called Matrix Shielding. Matrix Shielding arranges UEF elements on a grid pattern of the cable shield to lower its noise floor. Atmosphere SX refines Matrix Shielding further by using new Carbon Fibre UEF Tuning Discs developed expressly for Atmosphere SX to enhance the loom's ability to cancel noise that would otherwise cause high frequencies to sound harsh or fatiguing. As a result of our ongoing research into UEF Shielding, we have pushed the resolution envelope when voicing Atmosphere SX by developing new Carbon Fibre UEF Tuning Discs for a more holographic sound with enhanced resolution and musicality.
SRX Long Duration High Voltage Conditioning.
After perfecting the most natural-sounding and holographic cables in our history, we set out to take them further with a new high voltage conditioning process that applies a sweeping frequency plot for an extended duration. We experimented with dozens of frequencies in different combinations over a prolonged time period before landing on just the right mix. We even built a new Tesla Coil to handle the excess heat generated during long conditioning sessions. Once finalized, the SRX conditioning process created holographic realism and timbrel accuracy far beyond our previous Tesla Coil conditioning protocol.
Atmosphere SX Rel Spec Subwoofer Specifications:
$1295 / 3 meter
$295 per addl meter
2 each 4th Gen-Tricon
- Silver Copper Matrix: Mono-crystal conductors with a separate ground conductor from shield
- Dielectric: Teflon
- Shielding: Silver Braid -Quantum Tunneled
- Geometry: 1 channel triaxial single ended / 2 channel triaxial balanced
Speakon and Silver Spade Connectors:
- 11 point-to-point hand soldered connections
- Atmosphere SX Level 2 UEF Matrix Shielding: UEF coating with Graphene is applied directly to connectors significantly reducing the noise floor and allowing a purer signal to transfer with less grain providing more warmth and detail. The conductors and ground plane also benefit from dampening effect that UEF provides
- SRX Long Duration Quantum Tunneling: Post Production process, 1 million volts are passed through finished cable providing a “canal” that allows electrons to pass more freely through conductor material and connections
- Secondary UEF Blue Treatment originally developed for SR Blue Fuses
- Hand build time: 1.5 hours
- 5 day Burn-in: 2 step process
- Hand crafted in our California factory