VPI Industries Avenger Reference
The final and polished form of the VPI Avenger Reference. This model went through an evolution with the creation of VPI's top of the line Titan turntable using the same concept of the rim drive motor assembly driving the magnetic platter. The magnets are machined into the platter at the center and do not interfere with the owner’s cartridge. This methodology is the ultimate vibration filter for an high-end system.
The VPI Avenger chassis is three layers of bonded acrylic/aluminum/acrylic, with damping material between layers, locked in by 3 isolation steel corner posts, 3 bolts, and the massive bearing assembly. The corner posts which hold the tonearms (up to three will fit) have adjustable machined knobs giving the user the ability to easily raise and lower the height to level the table. The corner posts connect to the cone stabilizers which sit in a machined Delrin/ball bearing isolation base reminiscent of the same used on the Prime turntable. Fully adjustable armboards are made from 5/5” 6061 aluminum for rigidity and grounding. The table can mount up to three arms, any manufacture's brand, and any length!
- The Avenger chassis is three layers of bonded acrylic/aluminum/acrylic with damping material between layers.
- 3 stainless steel corner posts for both isolation and tonearm mounting and for mechanical grounding (up to 3 will fit).
- Analog Drive System (ADS) for the utmost accuracy in motor speed and fine speed adjustments.
- Periphery Ring clamp for the ultimate in record warp reduction
- The 300 RPM, 24 pole, AC synchronous motor in machined aluminum Rim Drive Motor assembly.
- The Inverted bearing features a hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing, and sits on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero teeter-totter effects
- The 25 pound 6061 aluminum magnetic drive platter has an accuracy of +/- .001” in a 39” circumference
- The motor pulley has an accuracy of +/- .0005” when leaving factory
- JMW 12-3DR with Nordost Reference wire
- Avenger Reference Feet – Machined aluminum, knurled cones set in a machined Delrin isolation pad that sites in a machined aluminum isolation pad for top of the line isolation and noise cancellation.
- Wow and flutter: .03%
- Speed Accuracy: .04%
- Rumble: 82db down
- Overall Dimensions 27" x 23" x 13"
- Footprint is 23" x 20"
- 85 lbs weight
- Additional JMW Tonearms
- Additional Arm boards for third party arms
- Pneumatic Air Suspension feet